The Child Care Action Council was founded in 1987 by a group of parents, child care professionals, employers, school & government representatives, and other community members concerned about the inadequacies in our community's child care system.
CCAC currently serves parents & providers in Thurston, Grays Harbor, Mason, Kitsap, Jefferson and Clallam counties.
Mission: To promote and nurture early learning communities where children and families thrive.
Vision: Communities where children are the focus and we all work together to assure that:
To accomplish these goals, CCAC:
- Responds each year to thousands of families needing childcare.
- Educates parents in evaluating the quality of their child's care.
- Offers a variety of training opportunities for child care professionals.
- Helps to create new child care programs to fill unmet needs.
- Cooperates and encourages businesses to address their employees' child care needs.
- Advocates for children and families on a state, local and federal level.