Enhancing Quality of Early Learning (EQEL) is a 20-hour training series completed over two years. It is broken down into 10 hours each year and builds on content learned in Child Care Basics (CCB.) EQEL also meets annual in-service requirements after CCB is completed.
The EQEL training series is available at no cost for providers hired or promoted after August 1, 2019 into a role that requires this training. This class is also part of PACE, the community-based training option for meeting WAC education requirements. Visit DCYFs Training Requirements webpage or contact your licensor for more information.
EQEL Year 1 includes Module 1: Culturally Responsive Practices and Responsive Caregiving, and Module 2: Brain Building and Executive Function. Child Care Aware/CCAC will be offering EQEL Year 1 in English and in Spanish through the DCYF Training Portal throughout the year. Please be aware that you must complete all online assignments between the start and end date of the course you select.
To Register or Search for Classes:
1) Log into the DCYF Training site.
2) In the Catalogue section on the left side, click on the Cohorts subtab
3) Under Role, select Licensed Child Care
4) All available trainings will be listed. Select the cohort you would like; start and end dates will be listed in the training title.
5) Click the blue Register button to enroll. After registering, the cohort will be listed under the In Progress section. You can access the training modules on the start date of the cohort.
Yvette Hernandez and Kim Mather-Schopen
FREE to providers required to take this training
Multiple Series Available
Online through the DCYF Training Portal