The Child Care Action Council was founded in 1987 by a group of parents, child care professionals, employers, school & government representatives, and other community members concerned about the inadequacies in our community’s child care system.
CCAC currently serves parents & providers in Thurston, Grays Harbor, Mason, Kitsap, Jefferson, and Clallam counties.
Vision: Communities where children are the focus and we all work together to assure that:
- Quality child care is accessible for all who need it
- Professional development for child care providers results in high quality child care
- Communities are engaged in supporting child care and early learning
- Parent education is provided throughout communities
To accomplish these goals, CCAC:
- Responds each year to thousands of families needing child care.
- Educates parents in evaluating the quality of their child’s care.
- Offers a variety of training opportunities for child care professionals.
- Helps to create new child care programs to fill unmet needs.
- Cooperates and encourages businesses to address their employees’ child care needs.
- Advocates for children and families on a state, local and federal level.