This page of our website is intended to gather information about our equity, inclusion and racial justice work at Child Care Action Council. Please check back for updates, which will be added below.
February is Black History Month, a time to honor, acknowledge and celebrate all of the incredible contributions made by African Americans that have shaped the United States. Educating both ourselves and children is an important part of commemorating this important month. Throughout February, we will add resources to this page for both child care providers and families to engage with.
- Ways to Celebrate Black History Month with Kids (kids academy)
- African American Heroes (nationalgeographic.com)
- How to Celebrate Black History Month with Infants, Toddlers, and Preschoolers (mybrightwheel.com)
- Teaching Your Child About Black History |… | PBS KIDS for Parents
- Can Kids Change The World? | Black History Month For Kids – YouTube
Exploring Equity Learning Opportunities is a monthly event held for staff members to discuss articles, podcast, videos and other equity-focused materials and to learn from each other. Each month we explore new topics and resources, shared below.