Some basic requirements are but not limited to:
- Criminal Background check
- First Aid/CPR/HIV/AIDS/Blood Borne Pathogens training
- 30 hours of basic child care training (Lead Staff)
- An inspection for health and safety for facility
- Current Tb (Tuberculosis) test
- File a complaint: If you have any concerns about a provider please call CPS (Child Protective Services) at 1-800-562-5624.
- Child Care Check provides information on complaints on a provider. Access this information at 866-482-4325 or their website at https://www.findchildcarewa.org.
- We do not guarantee the quality of the providers in our database. We urge you to interview and check references before leaving your child in care.
What is Early Achievers?
Early Achievers is Washington’s Quality Rating and Improvement System (QRIS) that gives parents the resources they need to make an informed choice on choosing a child care provider. The rating system of 1-5 is an objective measure based on observable elements of quality. In addition, it offers providers at every level professional support and coaching to continually improve the quality of care at no cost to them or to the parent.
For help in choosing high quality childcare sites participating in Early Achievers: