Professional Development Training Academy
Our Professional Development Academy offers a wide variety of STARS classes for early childhood educators. Our classes are:
- Taught by MERIT-approved early learning experts who understand your work.
- Designed to support your success in Early Achievers.
- Supported with follow-up coaching, as appropriate and needed.
- Written to allow you to interact and share with other people who do what you do.
- Reimbursed through MERIT, for those with a MERIT account.
Customized Training for Centers
CCAC offers customized classes for center directors who want to provide a class for an entire staff. Customized classes for centers:
- Are based on a center’s current needs and goals.
- Provide an entire staff with the same foundation of knowledge.
- Are fully aligned with Early Achievers.
- Are offered in collaboration with Early Achievers coaches, who can reinforce learning.
- Can be very affordable: About $100 per hour, regardless of group size. Talk to CCAC about ways to reduce the cost by partnering with another center or by opening your class to child care providers in the community.
Customized training must be scheduled by the following deadlines:
- By Aug. 30 for Oct.-Dec. classes
- By Nov. 27 for Jan.-Mar. classes
- By Feb. 28 for Apr.-June classes
- By May 29 for July-Sept. classes
For more information on customized training, call Connie Dougherty at 360-786- 8907, ext. 108.