When facing a crisis, you sometimes need help caring for your young children. When family and friends aren't available, Margie’s Crisis Nursery will be there. We believe all children deserve safe, loving care and that asking for help is a sign of strength.
Access Margie’s Crisis Nursery by calling 360-786-8907 x100.
Here are few reasons Margie’s Crisis Nursery is here:
- If there is not a safe place for your child to stay while you resolve personal problems.
- If you are not capable of taking care of your child as well as you would like at this time.
- If life’s problems are becoming unbearable and you are taking them out on your child, or you feel like you may lose control.
- If you, or a family member, has a medical emergency and do not have a safe place for your child.
How to Use Margie’s Crisis Nursery:
- Call us at 360-786-8907 x100. We are open Monday – Friday from 8am – 4pm.
- The Margie’s Crisis Nursery Referral Specialist will ask a few questions in a confidential and non-judgmental manner about why you are in need of Margie’s Crisis Nursery services, so that we can determine how to best help you and your children. This is also an opportunity for us to refer you to other community services that may be helpful to you and your family.
- In the following 1-2 hours, the Margie’s Crisis Nursery Referral Specialist will find participating child care providers to locate a placement for your child.
- The Margie’s Crisis Nursery Referral Specialist will then contact you with the necessary information concerning the arranged child care.
- Generally, you will be required to deliver the children to the care location, but transportation through Village Vans can sometime be arranged.
- Children MUST be picked up at the scheduled time.
- Please note: participating child care providers receive special training on working with children in crisis, including children with disabilities, but may not be able to meet the needs of every child.
What is Margie’s Crisis Nursery?
Many families lack a support network because they are new to the area, their network is unhealthy or abusive, or friends and family aren’t in a position to help. For these families, Margie’s Crisis Nursery opens the door to a support network by providing emergency child care during a crisis and guiding families toward long-term solutions.
Where is Margie’s Crisis Nursery?
Margie’s Crisis Nursery is a service rather than a place. Child Care Action Council works with child care center staff trained in working with children in crisis, including children with disabilities, to place children in safe, supportive environments.
How do I qualify for Crisis Care?
Margie’s Crisis Nursery Care is available for families in crisis, with children between six-weeks and six years, who have exhausted all other options.
How much does Margie’s Crisis Nursery Cost?
Margie’s Crisis Nursery is provided free of charge, without regard to your income, but we encourage you to make a donation or volunteer to help others once your crisis is overcome.
What are the hours I can get care from Margie’s Crisis Nursery?
Available hours of care are generally from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Some centers provide limited evening and weekend care, but placement is not guaranteed.