Child Care Basics (CCB) is the initial training to meet part of the health and safety requirements for providers working in licensed early learning programs. This 30-hour series prepares early learning professionals to be knowledgeable of child development, resourceful in planning activities, skilled in guiding behavior, and able to maintain healthy environments. Child Care Basics is based on Washington State’s Core Competencies for Early Care and Education Professionals. Interactive learning activities, video clips, discussion questions, and additional resources provide a variety of learning opportunities. The curriculum is designed to meet the needs of both childcare center staff and family home childcare providers.
Child Care Aware/CCAC will be offering Child Care Basics in English and Spanish through the DCYF Training Portal throughout the year. Please be aware that you must complete all online assignments between the start and end date of the course you select.
To Register or Search for Classes:
1) Log into the DCYF Training site at dcyftraining.com
2) In the Catalogue section on the left side, click on the Cohorts subtab
3) Under Role, select Licensed Child Care
4) All available trainings will be listed. Select the cohort you would like; start and end dates will be listed in the training title.
5) Click the blue Register button to enroll. After registering, the cohort will be listed under the In Progress section. You can access the training modules on the start date of the cohort.
Karin Anderson, Kim Mather-Schopen, and Natalie Chavez
FREE to providers required to take this series
Multiple Series Available
Online through the DCYF Training Portal