EQEL training is developed by DCYF in partnership with Cultivate Learning and is made available at no cost by DCYF. According to the new WAC effective 8/1/19, after completing the 30-hour Child Care Basics, new (hired on or after 8/1/19) directors, assistant directors, program supervisors, family home owners, lead teachers, and assistant teachers take this 10-hour class the following year and another 10 hours the year after that. This session is a pilot of the newly developed first year of content. It will be held 6:30-9:00 pm on 10/19, 11/2, 11/16, and 11/30 (You must attend all sessions). It will address culturally responsive practices, brain building, executive function, and responsive caregiving. Registering for the first part registers you in all four parts. Registering for the first part registers you in all four parts.
This class is only open to teachers who are required by WAC to take it. If you have questions about whether you are required to attend this class, contact your licensor or consult the DCYF website here.
To register, please call Nancy Hobson at 360-789-7641.
To receive STARS credit, you will be required to participate in this session by typing comments or participating in surveys, polls, and discussions. As a participant, you must be able to view the instructor and visuals aids. You will not be required to show yourself on camera, but it can be nice to have face-to-face contact. Tips for participating in the class will be emailed to you the week of the training. Requirements: stable internet access, audio via phone or speaker, and an email address.
- Registration is required 48 hours prior to class.
- Registration and payments are not accepted at class.
- Those arriving more than 15 minutes late will not receive a certificate or refund.
- Class cancellations will be posted on our training calendar, and registrants will be notified.
- Full refunds will only be issued by calling and cancelling registration by 12 p.m. the day before class. No refunds given after the noon deadline.
- We love children, but not at our classes, please!!
October 19th, November 2nd, November 16th, November 30th, 2020 6:30 PM through 9:00 PM