Position Title: Development and Communications Manager
Reports to: Director of Finance & Operations
Office Location: Olympia, WA
Status: Non-Exempt, Half to Full Time depending on mutual agreement
Starting Salary: Typically, $26.54-$30.33 per hour depending on experience
Benefits: Health insurance (75% employer paid,) dental and vision are provided starting the 1st day of the month following hire. Employer paid retirement plan, paid sick, vacation and holidays provided.
Purpose of Position:
Provide support to the Executive Director and the board of Trustees to ensure adequate funding to support the programs and mission of the Child Care Action Council and proper management of those funds.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
GENERAL DEVELOPMENT MANAGEMENT
- Create and implement annual development plan and strategy in coordination with the Development Committee.
- Train the Board of Trustees to support fundraising and marketing efforts.
- Working with Executive Director and Director of Finance and Operations, cultivate and nurture relationships with current and potential corporate and foundation sponsors and individual donors.
- Ensures proper recording of funds received and is responsible for reporting on all fundraising initiatives.
- Work with Development/Event Support staff to maintain donor database.
- Compose correspondence and prepare reports as necessary.
- Manage CCAC website, social media, electronic and paper newsletters, and other stakeholder communications.
- Update and implement marketing and communications plans to build awareness and engagement.
- Deliver presentations to community groups about CCAC programs and services as needed.
- Track metrics with ability to assess and develop actionable insights.
- Perform assessments, develop strategy, and implement improvements across our marketing platforms.
- Graphic design work as needed.
- Plan and coordinate fund-raising events with Director of Finance and Operations with the assistance of Development/Event staff.
- Manage event budgets and reporting.
- Assist lead grant writer in preparing high-quality grant proposals narrative, applications and supporting documents.
- Manage CCAC’s Volunteer program by providing direction, coordination, and consultation for all volunteer functions.
- Work with other CCAC staff to assess needs for volunteer assistance.
- Maintain Volunteer Handbook and conduct and/or arrange for volunteer orientation and training.
- Evaluate all aspects of volunteer program and maintain accurate records.
Other duties as assigned
Read the full job announcement and to apply:
CCAC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. CCAC shall follow the spirit and intent of all federal, state and local employment laws and is committed to equal employment opportunity. To that end, the Board of Trustees and Executive Director of CCAC will not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sex, color, marital status, military status, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.