Child Care Action Council Position Announcement – Early Achievers Early Learning Coach Consultant
The mission of Child Care Action Council is to promote and nurture early learning communities where families and children thrive.
Position Title: Early Achievers Early Learning Coach Consultant (full-time)
Reports to: CCAC Early Achievers Lead/Consultation Manager
Office Location: Grays Harbor, WA
Starting Salary: Typically $22.82-$24.45 per hour
Benefits: Health insurance (75% employer paid,) dental and vision are provided starting the 1st day of the month following hire. Employer paid retirement plan, paid sick, vacation and holidays provided.
Purpose of Position:
The Early Achievers Coach Consultant is responsible for providing coaching services and support to licensed child-care professionals in centers and homes working within Washington State’s Early Achievers framework. Coaching consultation is focused on partnering with providers to improve interactions, environments and other standards of quality child care on the journey to a successful site rating.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Successfully manage a caseload of 15-20 child care sites, providing individualized and responsive support
- Be familiar with various foundational tools in supporting and coaching child care sites: Washington State Early Learning Guidelines, ERS-3, CLASS
- Assist sites in setting and working towards individualized goals based on site specific quality improvement plans
- Observe and provide strength-based feedback to providers
- Interpret and utilize program data to guide continuous quality improvement
- Facilitate group meetings or trainings
- Collaborate successfully with peers and community partners
- Document work and manage data on an ongoing and timely basis
- Travel regularly to appointments, meetings, classes, and professional training
- Maintain provider, family, and child confidentiality
- A.A. in Early Childhood Education or a related field
- Knowledge of birth to 5 development and developmentally appropriate practice
- Two years’ experience working with 0-5 in a group setting
- Knowledge of local early learning, family, and child resources
- Professional experience coaching or mentoring others in the field of early learning
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent listening skills with the ability to give and receive critical feedback
- Experience working with diverse populations in a community or business setting
- Demonstrated commitment to anti-racism, equity, cultural humility and inclusion
- Experience in/understanding of a relationship-based approach to delivering quality customer service
- Ability to creatively problem solve in a dynamic and fluid work environment
- Ability to work independently, multitasking a variety of tasks and responsibilities
- Ability and desire to effectively contribute in a team environment
- Experience using a computer for communication, documentation and research
Additional desired qualifications:
- B.A. in Early Childhood Education
- Experience working within the Early Achievers Framework
- Experience implementing Creative Curriculum/TS Gold assessment
- Experience building relationship with tribal communities
The selected candidate must:
- Have ability to work occasional night and weekend hours
- Successfully pass a thorough background check
- Hold a current, valid driver’s license
- Have reliable personal transportation and vehicle liability insurance
Qualified and interested parties should apply with a cover letter, resume and three professional references HERE.
Review of applications will begin on March 29th, 2021; position will remain open until filled.
CCAC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. CCAC shall follow the spirit and intent of all federal, state and local employment laws and is committed to equal employment opportunity. To that end, the Board of Trustees and Executive Director of CCAC will not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sex, color, marital status, military status, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.