Enhancing Quality of Early Learning (EQEL) is a 20-hour training series completed over two years. EQEL Year 2 is a 10-hour training series which builds on content learned in Child Care Basics (CCB) and EQEL Year 1. The EQEL training series also meets annual in-service requirements after CCB is completed.
EQEL is available at no cost for providers hired or promoted after August 1, 2019 into a role that requires this training. This class is also part of PACE, the community-based training option for meeting WAC education requirements. Visit DCYFs Training Requirements webpage or contact your licensor for more information.
EQEL Year 2 includes Part 1: Engaging Interactions and Environments and Part 2: Positive Behavior Supports. Child Care Aware/CCAC will be offering EQEL Year 2 self-paced through the DCYF Training Portal this year. Please be aware that you must complete all online assignments between the start and end date of the course you select.
EQEL Año 2 está disponible en español: Sigue el enlace para más información y para matricularse para las clases de EQEL Año 2 en vivo en línea a través de Zoom. O para matricularse en la clase de EQEL Año 1 en línea a su propio ritmo sigue el enlace de entrenamiento de DCYF.
To Register or Search for Classes:
1) Log into the DCYF Training site at dcyftraining.com
2) In the Catalogue section on the left side, click on the Cohorts subtab
3) Under Role, select Licensed Child Care
4) All available trainings will be listed. Select the cohort you would like; start and end dates will be listed in the training title.
5) Click the blue Register button to enroll. After registering, the cohort will be listed under the In Progress section. You can access the training modules on the start date of the cohort.
EQEL Year 2 is also available as a live online class. Visit CCAC’s Upcoming Classes webpage or use the Find Training tab in MERIT to find additional available trainings and register.
Karin Anderson and Kim Mather-Schopen
FREE to providers required to take this training
Multiple Series Available
Online through the DCYF Training Portal